Thursday, July 5, 2012

Living in the Twin Cities

Here are a few things that I have seen or experienced since I moved from Alexandria to Minneapolis.

-A man drinking from a paper bag while walking down the sidewalk.

-Somebody getting arrested in the parking lot of the Brookdale branch of the Hennepin County Library.

-Somebody getting arrested on the side of Highway 100 North late at night on the 4th of July, forcing me to do some fancy driving to not miss the exit.

-A man walking in to a Holiday gas station dressed as a sultan. I would have taken a picture, but I didn’t want to offend him in case he was a genie. He might have been a nice genie, like Robin Williams in ‘Aladdin’, but would probably be like the evil genie from the ‘Wishmaster’ movies.

-An entire family gathered in the men’s bathroom at Target while a baby’s diaper is being changed. Try doing your business with a couple little kids running around outside the stall.

-Going to the movies in a discount theater that gives me an idea what going to the movies in a post-apocalyptic wasteland would be like.

This list has a lot of random and odd things that have happened to me since October 2011, but one might notice that I didn’t mention anything about God. Two reasons for that-One: I wanted to share some of these weird moments. Two: The moments where God makes himself evident and shows his goodness to me are too numerous to list here, and frankly deserve their own posts and shouldn’t be sandwiched in with some crap about genies and post apocalyptic movie theaters. That, however, will not stop me from mixing these things together.

No comments:

Post a Comment