Tuesday, December 31, 2013

End of the Year Stew

So it is mid-afternoon on December 31st, 2013. I have some different thoughts about this past year and the next. Here they are:
1.Facebook has a Year in Review feature that looks over all the things you have posted over the past year. I checked it out and honestly have no idea if I am encouraged or saddened by my Facebook activity.
2. I am not a big fan of New Year's Resolutions. One reason is because I seem to always break them rather quickly. The more important reason is that if there is something in your mind, heart, lunchbox, whatever, that you need to change, you should change it now. I get the whole idea behind it, a new year, new habits, but I think if we take charge and handle the issue now, we aren't treating it like something on daily checklist to mark off, we are treating it like it a real life thing that matters. This is doubley true for spiritual issues.
3. While I just said I don't really go in for New Year's resolutions, here are some things I suggest trying.
-Add the following phrases into everyday conversation: 'Not in my dojo!' 'Bow to your sensei!' 'It has begun-You are the Chosen One.'
4. The year 2013 was a lot of different things to a lot of different people. For some it was full of joyous events, a veritable sheetcake of victory. For others it was just something to be survived, full of sorrow and disappointment. If 2013 was good for you, remember that it was God who made it this way and that He is source of all good and perfect things. If 2013 was anything but good, remember that God weeps with us in our despair and is as near or far as you allow Him to be.
God's Blessing be upon you as say goodbye to 2013 and hello to 2014. I am praying for the best and eagerly anticipating whatever God has for me this year. I suggest you do the same.

1 comment: