Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Breaking Out of the Loop

Several weeks ago, my parents and I were driving home from church. My dad was going through the radio stations, settling on a Christian station from Duluth. However, the radio station had other plans, playing a loop of ads for the station. Lots of information about today’s best Christian music, without any music to be heard. Strangely enough, we listened to this for about five minutes before finding a new station.

I bring this up because quite often we each end up in our own loop. For a long time, I talked about how I really needed to find another job, but I never really did anything. A friend talked about how I should move down to the Twin Cities area, both so I could make some life changes and so that I could help him with the youth group at the church he works at. I thought that would be cool, but I kind of let that go for over a year, just sort of talking about it and never making any plans.

Recently I made a big change and I broke out of that loop. Without going through all the details, it became very apparent that God wanted me to let go of a lot of things I was holding on to and to move down to the Cities and so this past weekend I did. I am still super nervous and don’t really know my way around, and there are a lot of things to be worked out, but I am here. I have taken a huge step of faith, and I believe God will be faithful.

Maybe there is some sort of loop you’re in. Break it. That is really about all I have to say right now. Being stuck in a loop is not healthy, unless that loop is constantly being awesome. In that case, don’t break the awesomeness loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment